|Hours per week:||40|
|Supervisor:||Dining Services Manager|
|Supervise:||Dietary Aids, Dishwashers|
Hampton Manor of Cape Coral is now accepting applications for a talented, hard working and dependable Sous Chef. This is a brand-new state of the art facility with a beautiful new kitchen and dining room. This position is full time and will work 3- 12-hour days and one-half day. Weekend and holiday shifts will be required.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Serv-Safe Certification Required.
• 3 to 5 years of progressive, successful and verifiable senior living or other upscale food service experience required.
• Must pass all Federal, State and Local background checks and drug screen.
Essential Requirements and Responsibilities:
• Assist Dining Services Manager with all activities related to the successful operation of the Dining Services Department.
• Able to work independently and execute daily operation of kitchen in absence of the Dining Services Manager and supervise other department staff.
• Meet and exceed production standards for quality, taste and presentation of resident meals.
• Transporting and delivering of meals and snacks to satellite areas.
• Executes and assists with all special functions and activities for the facility residents.
• Follow menu and recipe book as planned. When changes need to be made to the menu, consult with Dining Services Manager.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 plus pounds and load and unload food for delivery, as well as proper storage of items delivered.
• Maintains the highest standard of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety in the kitchen and other facility areas.
• Wash and sanitize all dishes, utensils, cups, pots, and pans etc, as well as all work surfaces and floor.
• Attend all program trainings and meetings.
• Maintain a good working relationship with all other facility staff.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment as described in the above requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, talk, use a keyboard. The employee must be able to lift 50 plus pounds. The noise and activity level in the kitchen may be moderately high. There is occasional exposure to outdoor weather.